Friday, October 23, 2009

Painting Fabric

Before on right, after on left (Yeah, I know it's backwards)



Remember the sheets I bought to make a quick bedspread/comforter? I didn't love it, but thought it would work, so I decided to make a comforter. I washed the sheets, and after looking at it awhile, decided I really didn't like the pink color in it. I found a red & green plaid homespun fabric I loved to make the dust ruffle and then I knew I had to do something about the pink roses. So I bought some fabric paint and repainted most of the roses. What do you think, can you tell any difference or am I just wasting time?

Until next time, may you have blessings and a steady hand,
Marti

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely not! You are not wasting time, and I can definitely see the difference. That's amazing and very clever. :-)

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I can tell - they have more red. What a good idea - something I've never thought of doing!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.