1. Make applique letters for shopping bags. ✔ Not only did I get the letters made, but I also finished a bag. You can see it here.
I had another To Do, but it was comic relief.
We are having a rare second round of freezing weather and for some reason, it put me in an organizing mood. I got out all my scrap baskets, which were already somewhat organized by color, and began sorting the blues/purples/greens. I had a vague idea of making some string blocks out of all one color instead of my usuall all colors, so first first pulled all the real blues, then pulled the pastels, baby fabrics, and holiday fabrics out of that pile. I even had some upholstery cloth in there! I thought I'd made string blocks out everything under 2-1/2 inches, but then I ran across some strips that may have been cut for binding. By the time I pulled those out, there wasn't much left. Now I just hope I have enough to make one block!
My goals for this week will revolve around these scraps.
1. Find a string block pattern or adapt a traditional block.
2. Make at least one blue string block.
3. Cut remaining blue scraps into half square triangle blocks.
4. Find stash of finished hexagons. I've been looking for these all week so there aren't a lot of place left to look.
I am linking up with: