Sunday, April 16, 2023

Week 15 Sewing Linkups




.
To-Do Tuesday


Last Week:

1. Sew the finished border strip on, cut triangles for the other three sides, and sew the left side triangles together.

2. Put another raised bed together.

3. Plant tomatoes if I can get a load of planting mix.

4. Get more towels from Mom and attach more labels.
Partially done. I got towels, but I need to see if I can dye some bleached spots before putting on labels.

5. Make dog pillow cover.

6. Find or make pattern that will work with bandana.
See above.  This is one mock up I made on MS Paint.  I'm still trying to decide on the size for the corner blocks.

7. Get our taxes done!

8. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

9. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

10. Find stash of finished hexagons.

11. Put away Christmas decorations.

12. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

13. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

♥   ♥  ♥   ♥  ♥  ♥   ♥   ♥

This Week

1. Get a load of planting mix.

2. Plant tomatoes and peppers.

3. Make dog pillow cover.

4. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

5. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

6. Dye Mom's towels and attach more labels.

7. Garage sale!

Back burner:

8. Find stash of finished hexagons.

9. Put away Christmas decorations.

10. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

11. Reorganize my UFO boxes.


.
Design Wall


I'll be lucky to have any hair left if I ever finish this quilt. The right triangle border doesn't look great, but it is on and fairly flat. I sewed together all the left side triangles and pinned the strip on last night and all the triangles are too big so don't match. I used the same template and the same quarter inch foot. Now I have to re-sew all of them making the seam a scant over on each side.

.
Sunday Stash


I'm late, as usual.  I worked in the garden most of the day yesterday.  One of my gardening rules is that the wind has to be under 15 mph for me to be outside.  Yesterday, it was over 20 mph all day but I had no choice.  I had to get the last raised bed moved and planted.  In moving it, I picked up a board and uncovered fire ants.  Whether it is sewing or gardening, there's always a wrinkle in the plan.  I poured a gallon of boiling water on it, which will only make it move, but at least it will be out of the garden and I can deal with it better.  I was so tired when I came in that I don't even remember eating dinner.  Maybe I didn't eat.  Tired as I was, my aching joints kept me from sleeping.  I finally got up at 3:30 this morning and took something for arthritis.  Thus, I am late and moving slowly today.

I've been trying out fabrics on Mia's pillow, not colors, but textures.  She likes soft fabrics.  So far, she likes these two.  The green one is a fleece, and the blue one is flannel.  I think she'd really like minky, but I don't have any in my stash. 




I like the navy with my living room colors, but she seems to like the green, and since she can be pretty stubborn about her needs, I'll try the green first.  If I have time, I'll make two so there is always a clean one ready.  The blue flannel took a yard out of my stash.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Added Apr 9-15                              0 yards
Added year to date                     3.50 yards
Used Apr 9-15                           1.00 yards
Used year to date                       7.75 yards
Net use in 2023 4.25 yards

.
Stitching Stuff


I had a better week with 15 Minutes to Stitch this week, managing to sew 6 out of 7 days. I would have gotten in 7 out of 7, but today was the first day in weeks that the wind hasn't been howling and I spent most of my day in the garden.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Apr 9-15                         4 of 7 days
2023 Total                  50 of 105 days
48% success rate


7 comments:

  1. Late can be my middle name sometimes! 😊Yes! I find that when I am sewing the last block/seam, my wrinkle appears! This winter my arthritis and fibromyalgia symptoms were greatly alleviated by using an electric blanket. I kept it on very low all night. It’s gotten too warm to use it now and I certainly feel the difference!
    Those pillows are really pretty! Are they foam? I’m wanting to make a seating cushion for my faux bay window. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't miss the fire ants. They haven't moved this far north, yet anyway. The wind hasn't been fun this weekend at all. Hopefully your medication has got all the aches calmed and maybe you can get a nap in later today. Congrats on all the stitching time. It always amazes me how much life happens every day that keeps us from the sewing room (and I'm not working right now but that's still true!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you found a nice design to surround that bandanna! Your triangles borders are perfect for the blue and yellow quilt. Hope you can get them to fit correctly! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at all those check marks! Well done. You did have a good week last week, even with moving a raised bed and finding fire ants? Isn't it strange (and frustrating) how blocks can work on one side of a quilt but not the other. I do like the mockup for the bandana quilt and Mia's pillow will be a great finish. I'm sure she will appreciate how much thought and love go in to making her cushion cover. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope you are having another great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The triangles borders look great for the blue and yellow quilt, hope you can make them match.
    Have a great stitching week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting your taxes done is a huge accomplishment! That's a pretty design wall quilt. Ugh on the fire ants - they are brutal and they don't die, they just move. Sounds like you really worked hard in your garden. Mine has been cut back in size, and I miss the room to plant anything I want. I don't like the wind either, but chiggers are my nemesis. Soon I'll have to dress like its freezing and spray myself liberally with bug spray so I don't get bitten. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some projects are like that. Hang in there, eventually it will be done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.