Sunday, April 2, 2023

Week 13 Sewing Linkups



To Do Tuesday

It's hard to believe so much time has passed since I last posted.  In the last month, we have been on three short trips.  The trips may have been short, but prepping for them takes three or four days, and then it takes several days to do laundry and clean out the RV after returning.  Now that spring is here, the garden is taking more and more time too and that will continue through the end of June.

I didn't take stitching projects on any of our trips but the next two weeks look pretty slow so I hope to get in some sewing along with the gardening.

As I said yesterday, Glory Be is still on my Design Wall, unchanged from a month ago, mocking me to try to finish.

I'm trying to ignore the mockery as I make my weekly To Do List. It grates on my OCD to make a to do list on Tuesday, because my week starts on Monday. But To Do Tuesday sounds so much better than To Do Monday. So what to do (pun intended)? Make it on Monday and post it on Tuesday for those of you who aren't bound by this dilema. From last week's list, I only got one thing done. But from my unwritten, and non-sewing to do list, I checked off a lot of gardening and mom to-do's.

Last Week:

1. Sew the blue, yellow, and white triangles into a border strip and see if it works.

2. Make labels for mom's towels.

3. Make pillowcase applique from book I bought today.

4. Hubby brought home a stack of blue bandanas today. One of his coffee buddies gave them to him. I need to think of something to do with them although they don't feel like 100% cotton.

❌5. Paint the repaired wall. If we have any leftover paint here, I can't find it. Now I have to wait on Hubby to take a sample to the paint store and mix me a new batch.

❌6. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

❌7. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

❌8. Find stash of finished hexagons.

❌9. Put away Christmas decorations.

❌10. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

❌ 11. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 

Hubby wants to have a garage sale next weekend, so this week will be most spent getting ready for that. Maybe I'll be able to clear some space in my sewing space though.

This Week:

1. Sew the blue, yellow, and white triangles into a border strip and see if it works.

2. Make labels for mom's towels.

3. Make dog pillow cover.>

4. Hubby brought home a stack of blue bandanas today. One of his coffee buddies gave them to him. I need to think of something to do with them although they don't feel like 100% cotton.

5. Paint the repaired wall.

If we have any leftover paint here, I can't find it. Now I have to wait on Hubby to take a sample to the paint store and mix me a new batch.

6. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

7. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

8. Find stash of finished hexagons.

9. Put away Christmas decorations.

10. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

11. Reorganize my UFO boxes.


.
Design Wall


There's not much to say. There it is, mocking me.

.
Stitching Stuff


I am still trying to rekindle my sewing enthusiasm. I thought I could force it by doing Kate's 15 Minute Challenge. Instead, I started dreading the trip up the stairs to my sewing machine. So this week, I decided to find a new project, something simple and fun. While I was waiting in line at the local thrift store, I spotted a book on a nearby shelf, so I picked it up and thumbed through it. (Please tell me you do that too.) It had some projects I thought I might make, so I bought it. It is Sew Creative Gifts For Under $10. It was published in 2002; they'd have to change the title for today's prices. The first project in the book is "Hearts Entwined", which is appliqued hearts on the hem of a pillowcase and I just happened to have an orphan pillowcase. I really didn't need the instructions to do this, but they were helpful.

This should have been a super simple, totally enjoyable project, but it wasn't. Maybe my Wonder Under was too old, but it would not peel off the paper after ironing to the fabric. I finally got all the bits of paper off the hearts, and tucked the stretched out glue on the back of the hearts so I could iron them to the pillowcase. I haven't done the applique stitching yet, and I haven't picked a stitch yet. I usually use the blanket stitch, but I may do more of a satin stitch since the pillowcase could be used and washed often.

All that to delay admitting that I only spent three days in the sewing room.  I haven't posted about my stitching in a few weeks.  In those missing weeks, I only made it to the sewing room one day each week.  I knew things would slow down as soon as the garden work started, but I was hoping to make it until April before slaking off in the sewing room.

 


My poor 15 Minutes to Stitch update looks like this:

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Mar 26-Apr 1                 3 of 7 days
2023 Total                  40 of 91 days
44% success rate

.
Sunday Stash


The stash report hasn't changed.  I haven't used any stash fabric or bought any fabric since my last report.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Added Mar 26-Apr 1                       0 yards
Added year to date                     3.50 yards
Used Mar 26-Apr 1                        0 yards
Used year to date                       6.50 yards
Net used in 2023 3.00 yards


8 comments:

  1. At least with the project on the design wall it won't get forgotten. I keep looking at the boxy corner blocks, the colour placement makes them look so different from each other.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready for a garage sale is a lot of work. Good thing you kept your list simple. Hopefully you get more done then expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue and yellow blocks are gorgeous! One of my favorite color combinations. Getting ready for garage sales is so much work, plus I am exhausted while doing it, trying to answer questions and keep an eye on things. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every little bit of progress counts! I, too, make my to-do list on Monday, but post it on Tuesday. That gives me the weekend to see if I actually made any progress! Good luck with your garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is beautiful! I love the color combination.

    I do daily to do lists and whatever isn't finished stays on the list until I eventually get to it or lose the notebook.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that a huge benefit of the design wall--you can't ignore it! LOL. As for the Mon-Tues dilemma, I generally write it up on Monday so in my mind, that's when it really begins. And then by the time Tuesday hits and my list is posted, I've already gotten a jump on it and that's pretty motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Prepping and running a garage sale is a big undertaking. I hope it goes well. Then you can get back to your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marti. Your quilt on the design wall is pretty and won’t be forgotten. Getting ready for a garage sale is a huge job, so I’m not sure you’ll have any sewing time. As for lists My week ends on Saturday so I try to get my post written on Sunday or Monday. Then I can link up as I have time 😉 I hope you managed to be ready and had a good weekend for the sale. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. 😁 Carol QuiltSchmilt@gmail.com

    https://quiltschmilt.ca/2023/04/03/to-do-tuesday-linky-party-14/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.