Sunday, March 26, 2023

Week 12 Sewing Linkups


To-Do Tuesday


Last Week:

1. Cut twenty-one yellow triangles and twenty-one blue triangles and forty-two white triangles. I don't know how to mark this as partially complete. I made five of each, just to see if they really sew together as they should. I didn't want to waste any more fabric.

2. Paint the repaired wall.
If we have any leftover paint here, I can't find it. Now I have to wait on Hubby to take a sample to the paint store and mix me a new batch.

❌ 3. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

❌ 4. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

5. Find stash of finished hexagons.

6. Put away Christmas decorations.

7. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

8. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 

My next goals are equally simple. After three weeks that revolved around travel, this week has more than the usual number of appointments. Since most of our doctors are in the city, every doctor appointment takes at least five hours out of our day. Even more if we have to run errands for mom as we did today.

This Week:

1. Sew the blue, yellow, and white triangles into a border strip and see if it works.

2. Make labels for mom's towels.

3. Make pillowcase applique from book I bought today.

4. Hubby brought home a stack of blue bandanas today. One of his coffee buddies gave them to him. I need to think of something to do with them although they don't feel like 100% cotton.

5. Paint the repaired wall.

If we have any leftover paint here, I can't find it. Now I have to wait on Hubby to take a sample to the paint store and mix me a new batch.

6. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

7. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

8. Find stash of finished hexagons.

9. Put away Christmas decorations.

10. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

11. Reorganize my UFO boxes.






My heart breaks for the people in Mississippi who have been devastated by tornadoes and the families of the victims of the Nashville school shooting. I hope all of you and your families are safe.



.
Stitching Stuff


My 15 Minutes to Stitch update looks like this:

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Feb 19-25                     1  of 7 days
2023 Total                  33 of 56 days
59% success rate


7 comments:

  1. Those applique hearts for the pillowcases look so cute! And fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those applique hearts! Yes I am aching not only for the Mississippi folks, what devastation, but also for the families of those killed in Nashville yesterday. Makes me forget about my petty worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your travelling in your RV. sounds wonderful. My sister and her hubby do that quite a bit. Yes Mississippi people were badly hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling is so enjoyable, but there's always work to do when you get home! Love the pillowcase appliques. Have a good week with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute hearts for finishing pillowcases. I'm praying for the many suffering through these latest tragedies. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marti it's good to hear you have been getting some short trips in. Love the pillowcase appliques. I hope you are having a great week and thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes life just isn't conductive to blogging and sewing. Glad you can get in a bit of stitching time the next few weeks. Hope you make some really good progress, you've got some fun projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.