Sunday, April 9, 2023

Week 14 Sewing Linkups



To Do Tuesday

It's time to post the weekly To Do List. This week, I am including non-sewing To Do's also since those seems to be taking most of my time.

Last Week:

1. Sew the blue, yellow, and white triangles into a border strip and see if it works.
Thankfully, it worked this time. There is one triangle that seems a bit wonky and I starched it a little more to try to shrink it into submission.

2. Make labels for mom's towels.
Not only made, but sewed one on.

3. Make dog pillow cover.

4. Hubby brought home a stack of blue bandanas today. One of his coffee buddies gave them to him. I need to think of something to do with them although they don't feel like 100% cotton.

4. Paint the repaired wall behind my cutting table.
Now all I need is a finished ceiling with lights.

6. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

7. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

8. Find stash of finished hexagons.

9. Put away Christmas decorations.

10. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

11. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

♥   ♥  ♥   ♥  ♥  ♥   ♥   ♥

I'm encouraged by finally getting a border on Glory Be, so will be working on that now.

This Week

1. Sew the finished border strip on, cut triangles for the other three sides, and sew the left side triangles together.

2. Put another raised bed together.

3. Plant tomatoes if I can get a load of planting mix.

4. Get more towels from Mom and attach more labels.

5. Make dog pillow cover.

6. Find or make pattern that will work with bandana.

7. Get our taxes done!

8. See if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in.

9. Sort green scraps into strips and squares.

10. Find stash of finished hexagons.

11. Put away Christmas decorations.

12. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

13. Reorganize my UFO boxes.


That's an ambitious list and I dread doing Mom's taxes. I wish there was an easier way.

.
Sunday Stash


For a long time, Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch and Donna's Sunday Stash weekly reports along with Carol's To Do Tuesdays were a way for me to track my progress. But more than that, it is a chance to encourage each other to stay the course and get past the hurdles that keep us from reaching our goals. I love that quilters are so supportive.

I have been using previously cut and counted fabric for weeks, but this week I pulled out a fat quarter to make an accent band around a shopping bag. I'll use the rest of it on the handles.




2023 STASH TOTALS
Added Apr 2-8                                0 yards
Added year to date                     3.50 yards
Used Apr 2-8                               .25 yards
Used year to date                       6.75 yards
Net use in 2023 3.25 yards



.
Stitching Stuff


I had a better week with 15 Minutes to Stitch this week, managing to sew 6 out of 7 days. I would have gotten in 7 out of 7, but today was the first day in weeks that the wind hasn't been howling and I spent most of my day in the garden.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Apr 2-8                          6 of 7 days
2023 Total                  46 of 98 days
44% success rate




Free clipart from clipartbest.com


6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I like that fun print with the purple bag, it really makes for a fun combo. It's been nice to have a break from the wind, it was bad all last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you fashioned the shopping bag. Happy Easter, Marti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your triangle border worked! I'll look forward to seeing it. Good luck with the taxes - that is always a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes that final bit of starch sure helps. That's a mighty fine list, and good wishes for getting the taxes done, once done will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marti just look at the TaDone's on your list! Good for you with commitments needing to met outside of the sewing room. Love your purple bag. That border fabric is perfect. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Good luck keeping your stats up there! I hope this week is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consistent small progress makes a huge difference over time. Congrats on a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.