Saturday, April 29, 2023

Week 17 Sewing Linkups


.
To-Do Tuesday


I had high hopes for this week, but Hubby decided he wanted to build a wall in my sewing space. Between the roaring of a compressor and the layer of sawdust, I haven't wanted to do much work up there. Instead, I've only been sewing late at night after he was done, trying to just get one thing done before calling it a night myself. Still, I managed to check a few things off my list.

Last Week:

1. Put white borders on Glory Be.I'm not happy with it and will be making some changes before I put the back on.

2. Put wonder under on rodeo bandana and square it up.

3. Find Bubble Jet and prep white cloth for printing rodeo events silhouettes.This was a two-part goal and I didn't find the Bubble Jet, so couldn't prep the cloth.

4. Tea dye rodeo quilt new fabric. After washing all the fabric, I don't think it is as bright as I first thought it was.

5. Apply beneficial nematodes to garden and yard. I did this Wednesday night before it started raining and today I worked in the garden and didn't find any grubs, so maybe it worked. Monday night, for the first time in weeks, June bugs weren't pelting the windows after dark either; I just heard a few hit the glass.

6. Re-plant okra destroyed by cut worms. No signs of sprouting though.

7. Dye bleached spots on Mom's towel. Better, but not as good as I hoped. In the photo below, it looks like the "after" is lighter than the "before", but that's just the lighting; if anything, it is darker after dying. If the bleach spots fade out again, I'll re-dye it, but this time, I'll dye the spots first and let the dye sit on them and then dye the whole towel.

Before and after

8. Cut elastic off old sheets and make garden row covers. This actually worked pretty good and made use of a sheet I would have thrown away.

9. Finish purple shopping bag.

Back burner:

10. Make dog pillow cover. As expected, I didn't get to this.

11. See if I can get Hubby to see if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in. Since he started building the wall, the light has to wait.

12. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

13. Find stash of finished hexagons.

14. Put away Christmas decorations. Didn't happen because they go in my sewing space where Hubby is working.

15. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.I moved the sewing machine table against the wall and it made a huge difference. Now all I need is a second sewing machine table to form an L next to it.

♥  ♥  ♥   ♥  ♥  ♥    ♥ 

This Week:

1. Finish backing for Glory Be.

2. Find Bubble Jet and prep white cloth for printing rodeo events silhouettes.

3. Finish purple shopping bag.

4. Build tomato frames

5. Level espalier space beside fence.

Back burner:

6. Make dog pillow cover.

7. See if I can get Hubby to see if light fixture can be converted from plug in to wired in. This will not happen, I just don't want to drop it off the list.

8. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

9. Find stash of finished hexagons.

10. Put away Christmas decorations.

. .
Design Wall


On the design wall this morning is the backing for Glory Be. It's going to be pieced with a lot of the leftover pieces from the top. Next up is making rows of blue and yellow squares for the top and bottom of the backing.

.
Sunday Stash


As I hoped, I was able to use a bit of fabric this week. I made the outer borders for Glory Be and began piecing the back. I thought I had enough spare blocks for a strip down the middle, but I only had two completed blocks. I made one more block and will fill in the rest with other scrap pieces.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Added Apr 23-29                            0 yards
Added year to date                     8.00 yards
Used Apr 23-29                          3.50 yards
Used year to date                       11.25 yards
Net use in 2023 3.25 yards

.
Stitching Stuff


For the first time in a long time, I was able to get in seven days of stitching this week. Some days were just the 15 minutes, but a couple of days were a few hours, long enough to show some progress. It barely raised my success percentage, but every little bit helps. I'm not happy with the border on Glory Be. The fabric is thinner and without any piecing, it seems very limp and stretchy. If it doesn't look better after pressing, I am going to take it off and make some adjustments. I've worked on it too long to just let it go.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Apr 23-29                         7 of 7 days
2023 Total                   61 of 119 days
51% success rate



5 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo on getting in 7 days of stitching! I look forward to seeing Glory Be completed ; hopefully you will not have to make to big of adjustments. Have a great day, Marti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than me with stitching every day. I like your blocks in a row for the backing. Hope you get the border figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your border. And wow on hubby building a wall in your room! What kind of sheets did you use to make garden row covers - would any fabric work? Also, how will you building tomato cages? I just used some flimsy cheapo ones we got at Home Depot last year. They are pretty ineffective once the tomatoes start bushing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had great success at your list this week. And I like the mind set of, it won't get done, but I'm leaving it on the list so it won't get forgotten. Me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marti you had a great week last week getting so much done! Sewing every day is a real win in my books, A wall is being built? Sounds intriguing. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.