Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kate's 15 Minute Challenge for August 2, 2011

I didn't sew a stitch all week. But I did use the 15 minute principle to begin clearing out a kitchen cabinet, and cleaning the kitchen and garage. I guess my focus right now is more on the house than quilting or sewing, though with this heat, I really should be spending more time sitting under air-conditioning. All indications are that we are going to break the 1980 record of 42 consecutive 100 degree days. That year will probably remain as the record of 69 for total number of 100 degree days. I'd just as soon not break either record this year.

(Yeah, it's August, not July)


To see how others are using their 15 Minutes to get things done, visit Life in Pieces.

And my stash report hasn't changed much either, although I did include fabric for both ottomans even though the second isn't finished yet.




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to dredge up enthusiasm for sewing when you're melting. I use the 15 minute principle for all sorts of housework tasks.

    Hope you get some cooler weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 15 minute principle is how I got my cleaning started yesterday. Four hours later, I was done. It's the starting that's the hardest for me no matter what I'm doing. I hope you'll get some relief soon from the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting housework done is a good thing. When you finally feel like sewing, you won't feel guilty for not doing it.

    Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are weeks where you feel like sewing and weeks where you don't. But I agree that once some home chores are done, it's easier to step into the quilt room.
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. good that you used the 15 minute challenge even if it wasn't for sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.