Sunday, November 29, 2015

Stash Report Sunday Week 48

I finally found time for some sewing and succumbed to the call from some pretty fabrics so I thought I'd update my stash report.




I bought a few yards of muslin to make a new shower curtain and while at the store, I bought some fabrics to start a quilt for my guest room. It was my consolation prize for making a boring shower curtain and putting together quilt blocks for someone else. I bought eight yards of pastel prints and added them to some that I already had. The colors in this quilt are going to be primarily green and pink.



I started the year with a stash total of 441.75 and am now at 445.25. Next year I need a weekly or monthly goal to keep me on track.



Linked to Stash Report at Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

  1. Getting rewarded is a great motivation for doing boring tasks. I am going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's the only way I can make myself do something. Some quilters use chocolate, I use a fabric purchase or caffeine. Or both.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Dee Dee! Rewards are good especially when it's fabric! I'll be looking for your quilt in the coming weeks. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can get it done in a few weeks. Depends on what big project has to be done around the house to keep it from falling down around us. lol

      Delete
  3. It is good to have some stash coming in on a regular basis as it keeps things fresh! I tend to look back year on year to make sure I am "ahead" of where I was the prior year and if so, consider that success! Regardless of how much I use, I find that I purchase about the same amount each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I always need extra fabric to supplement whatever I pull from my stash, but I wish I didn't. I have more fabric now than I can probably use in my lifetime. Scary thought.

      Delete
  4. You are at the break even stage, as much coming in, as going out. Which isn't a bad place to be. I kept my stash management goal pretty simple, I couldn't buy fabric unless I'd used some fabric. That's kept me on track this year to have at least some out this year. If I can keep that up for a couple of years, maybe I'll start to be better balanced on my stash in and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. My goal next year will be to see the stash decrease by 5 yards every month and if I use more than that, I'll allow myself a purchase.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.