Monday, March 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday


I've made very little progress on the Depression Block. I don't mind sewing the triangles together, but trimming them on a low table is a pain in the neck. Literally. So I dug out a UFO that I had put away quite a while ago. I'm pretty sure I was going to make a twin size out of it, but after a few people on an online group told me it was too blah (not those words exactly), I put it away. I could make it into a rather large baby quilt, or I could continue with my original plan. I guess I'm rather blah myself because I still like the colors as they are.


On the subject of the makeover contest, I still haven't found an item to makeover. I've been to the thrift store a couple of times (the rules are that we have to buy an item during the week for no more than $1 and have it done by Thursday) but I am overcome with a lack of inspiration when I am there. I also think some people must have cheaper thrift stores than I do. On Saturday I only found one item less than a dollar. It was a caster wheel for 50¢, but for the life of me I couldn't think of anything to do with it.

If you are considering entering my challenge, you don't have to run out to buy something for $1. You can also use anything laying around the house or something you get free.

12 comments:

  1. Your quilt is not blah!! I think we all make quilts that others think are not to their liking but they are OUR quilts. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF you like your quilt like it is, then hang in there with those colors. You are the only person who has to like it! If you want to add something to it, you may think about appliqueing a flower or vine or cute Easter Bunny on it.

    Love the caster story. Sounds like me. I guess you can hang it on a quilt! LOL.

    glen: thanks for your comment at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Glen. I would love to applique something to it. Need to learn how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marti - I used to be afraid of applique, but it really is easy. If you can put together a quilt then by all means you can alllique!

    And your quilt is not blah. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - your quilt is not blah. Keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing wrong with this quilt. It looks restful and snuggly. If you like it, that is all that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is your quilt - and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think it is blah - but they are pretty pastels - perfect for spring. I like the depression blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agress HSTs are best done in small blocks! Agree with everyone else, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marti I like your quilt. I think a pretty floral border with those colors in it would make it really come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really shy away from HST's because of the trimming but, of course, sometimes it is necessary. And your blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.