Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stash Buster Report - Week 10, 2011

Once again I added more than I used, but I just couldn't pass up this bargain: twelve yards of drapery fabric for $6! I had budgeted $150 to buy fabric for my den windows, so I'm ahead there.

Last week I began keeping a total stash count, and guessed that I had about 50 yards of fabric. Liz asked if that was all I had, so I started measuring. I have five Rubbermaid totes and a box with my fabric and guessed at 50. Boy was I wrong. I've measured about half of one tub, and the total is already 70 yards, so I'm estimating the rest until I can get it measured too.

Even though I've bought more than used, and have more than I thought, I'm encouraged because I've been working on it every day. Between the stash report and design board reports at Judy's Patchwork Times, I feel some accountability.
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I am scared to measure mine!!! I have certainly been bringing more than what is going out!!! what a great find on that fabric, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would be scared to measure how much fabric I've actually have. When I can make 3 or 4 quilts entirely from my stash and not notice the dent, then I know I have way too much fabric. Have fun and never, ever let anyone know how much fabric you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I didn't mean for you to go measure all of your fabric... but it is funny how we always estimate lower than what we have. I didn't think I had that much until I started estimating based on when I folded the farbic and how much fabric was in one stack. I stopped!

    You did get a good buy on the curtain fabric. Love those types of buys!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liz, you didn't make me. I intended to sometime anyway, but your comment made me wonder. I'm glad I finally measured (except now Hubby knows how much I have invested in those totes - lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH GRACIOUS! You are MEASURING ALL OF YOUR FABRIC! You are a brave soul. I don't think I want to know for fear of not being able to breath! I bet you tell people your real age and how much you weigh too!! LOLOOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing what can fit in those tubs isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how much there actually is when you start measuring it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't dare measure all of mine! Great buy on your curtain material and I think it will match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I hera you. These boxes need to be renamed into black holes! It's just amazing how much stuff fits into them - and kudos to you for measuring your stash... Great deal on the drapery fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping track of what I was adding was hard enough, I'd probably have a heart attack if I tried to sum up what I started with!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.