Monday, April 25, 2011

Design Floor Monday/Stash Buster Report


Oops. Fixed.

Thanks to Kate's 15 Minute Challenge, I am finally making headway on the Depression Block Quilt, and it has enough blocks to move permanently from the wall to the floor.

*****

I have to break into this quilt report for a big announcement. It's raining!!!!! Hallelujah, it's finally raining! I hope it continues for more than a few minutes. Now back to the regularly scheduled post.

*****

I am including my stash report here too, not because my totals have changed, they haven't. But I have continued measuring my stash and wanted to keep it current.

I hope I don't step on any toes, but I want to say a few things. I would venture to guess that all bloggers like to receive comments. Some people like to reply to comments via email, some people reply by commenting on the other's blog, and some people don't reply at all. I hope you are not the latter. I've turned off my email on my profile; spammers found it much too easily. I miss the interaction with other bloggers, but I really really don't need any V*agra, free money, secret shoppers, or to know what Heather, Misty, Kirsten, or Keri (why was it always women?) are wearing, so it had to go. It's amazing how fast those annoying spamails stopped after I turned it off. I'm sorry for the inconvenience for those of you who like the ease of replying that way and hope the folks at blogger will find a way to have the email show to the recipients of a comment without being vulnerable to spammers.
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Marti since you are set as a no reply blogger I thought I would answer your question here :) The Steelers fabric came from http://www.jandofabrics.com/
    I am having fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash busting quilt design. Love the diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blocks!! I really need to make one of these, just love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pattern - I need to keep this in mind as stash buster for my ever growing collection. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty. I do so love this pattern. Fabulous!
    glen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting with such simple blocks, who would guess that you would get such a stunning quilt. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks are great - but RAIN. Now that's great. And I am absolutely green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately, the rain didn't last, at least over us. It rained hard for just a couple of minutes and now it's clearing. But there is a chance of rain all day, so I have my fingers (and everything else) crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like our rain. They measure rain here by 1/16th of an inch!!! It never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a good rain yesterday and the southeastern part of the state is getting a lot of rain today. YEA! We sure need it.

    I like the block - I got some batiks that would pretty in this pattern. In case you haven't noticed, the second row, second block from right has a HST that needs to be rotated. This is one thing I love about digital cameras - you can take lots of pictures of layouts to check for goofs. I've saved myself from a bit of reverse sewing by doing this!

    Have a great day...liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Liz, I noticed that too after I posted the picture. I've been looking at these blocks for what seems like months, and never noticed that one before. It could be one I made yesterday, or it could be one I made in the beginning. It's like posting a picture of your kitchen and not noticing the pile of crumbs on the counter until you see the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt! You commented on my Scrappy pinwheels and I have some helpful hints I would like to email you but I don't have your email addy. Zip that off to me and I'll send you a few pix and basic directions. Not a true tutorial! I'm too lazy! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I love HSTs and think this is going to be a beautiful quilt. I have been collecting HSTs for years but I'm pretty sure most of them will end up being 1" to 1.5" finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great scrappy quilt you have in the works!! I'll be watching to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty quilt! What a great use of stash.

    It's been raining here for two weeks with significant flooding possible. I'll be sure to send some of that rain your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the quilt blocks - That quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.