Sunday, December 11, 2011

Grandma's Crown of Thorns Quilt






This is another quilt that was in my grandmother's collection. We don't know who made it, as my grandmother didn't label anything. It's probably the next one I will get appraised, to see if it's worth keeping among other things.

It's a Crown of Thorns. All blocks look planned except this one. I guess the maker didn't have enough fabric to make this last one.
The back is a pretty purple plaid, wrapped to the front instead of a separate binding. That was typical of quilts made by my grandfather's mother, but then it was probably typical for a lot of quilt made years ago.

The rest of the blocks look like this one

Blessings,
Marti

2 comments:

  1. it's a wonderful humble style quilt made by a family member . . .
    the appraiser may not see ALL of it's real value.
    of course it's worth keeping~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've got so many of her quilts that I really don't have room to store them properly. Eventually I hope to pass them down to other family members.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.