Friday, September 28, 2007

California Confusion

california-confusion-quilt
Began 2004, Finished 2005
Hand quilted





This was the fourth quilt I made and it was a mystery quilt at the local quilt shop.  It is the California Confusion pattern designed by Debbie Caffrey. When the owner told me about it, I told her I was a beginner and she said it was easy. And it was easy until I got to the half square triangles and had no idea how to make them. Luckily, the lady sewing next to me took the time to show me how.

The ladies at the LQS pressed the blocks for us and I didn't realize until much later that they had pressed all the seams to one side. I didn't complete the quilt there, but had done at least one of every type block, so continued on at home. I still hadn't noticed that the seams done at the LQS were pressed to one side, so all mine were pressed open.

It was supposed to be a full size quilt and I had no idea how to put the blocks together, so it was a bag of unfinished blocks for quite a while. After finishing the top, I made some extra blocks to expand it to queen size, and hand-quilted it. I began it on New Year's Day 2004 and finished it on New Year's Day 2005.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.