Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Log Cabin Variation Baby Quilt

log-cabin-baby-quilt
Began and Finished 2003



This was the second quilt I made.  After a near-disaster with my first quilt, I went to the library before starting a second.  I wanted to make a baby quilt for a lady at church and wanted it to look better.  I checked out a quilting book for beginners. After reading the first chapter, I bought a small cutting mat, a ten inch square ruler, a rotary cutter and an assortment of fabric from Walmart. The book recommended that a beginner start with their easy quilt, a court house step version of a log cabin. It was anything but easy for me, but somehow, it turned out ok too.  I finished it in August 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.