Thursday, September 27, 2007

Winnie The Pooh Applique Quilt


winnie-the-pooh-baby-quilt
Began and finished 2003


embroidered-quilt-back


When my girls were very young, I used to machine applique on their clothes, t-shirts, patches on knees, and so forth. So I wasn't afraid to do a machine applique over a simple block quilt for this baby gift. Turned needle applique, now that's a different story. I'm still afraid of that.


I quilted it before doing the applique, just simple diagonal lines. The cloud and teddy bear appliques have an additional layer of batting, and accent quilting. The label on back is machine embroidered. I finished it in April 2003.

Blessings,
Marti


Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.