Monday, November 16, 2009

Quilt Blocks for Fort Hood Families


I heard about this project from a quilting friend and just had to pass it along. Gina at Splinters & Threads is heading up a project to make signature quilts for each family of soldiers lost at Fort Hood, and the police officer who took down the shooter. I contacted Gina and asked if they would give quilts to the living shooting victims as well, and she said they would, and if there aren't enough quilts or blocks before Christmas, they will continue afterward. I think this is a great project and would like all the families who suffered loss, injury, or trauma to have a quilt. Please join me if you can. It's not just for those who quilt, anyone who can embroider or sign their name on a plain piece of fabric can participate. I love it when everyone can be included.

I'm making a few to send to my mother so she can pass them out to her friends for siggies also. She was happy to do it and happier not to have to make them herself.

I've just turned into a real linkity-link blogger lately, haven't I?

Until next time, may you have blessings and nimble fingers,
Marti

2 comments:

  1. I don't quilt, but I can do a square with embroidery (as soon as my machine is back from the shop). Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.