Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sewing Machine Fever


It's kind of like new car fever without the tv commercials. It started last week when I was telling Hubby that my mom mentioned that she might give me her sewing machine, a Pfaff which she bought about the same time I bought my New Home (now Janome) about 22 years ago. Only while mine has sewed miles of fabric, she has probably used hers ten times. Hubby asked if that is the kind of machine I wanted, and I told him I didn't know because I've only seen it a few times, I just knew it was nicer than mine 22 years ago. Then Hubby spoke these magical words "Why don't you just go buy the machine you really want instead?"

Excited? I'll say! "Get outta here!" I cried. And he did - keeping up with the lingo is so hard at our age.

"No honey, come back. Get outta here doesn't mean 'leave the room', it means something like 'far out' or 'unreal'.

"So why didn't you say that?" he asked.

"Because no one says that anymore, they say 'Get outta here' or something about bonkers. Never mind that. About the sewing machine, you were saying?"

It's true. He thinks I should finally get the machine of my dreams rather than settling for something that just has basic functions or is a hand-me-down. Wow. I think I'm going to caress some machines tomorrow.

Oh, and in all fairness, we were driving down the highway the other day, and we saw a license plate on an old car, completely tricked out, that said 69 HO, and I thought... well, I thought the worst. Hubby explained that it was a 1969 Hurst Oldsmobile. Oh.

Until next time, may you have blessings and a groovin' vocabulary,
Marti

5 comments:

  1. WOW !! Amazing... and you only had to wait 22 years !! What a guy ! Seriously, have fun shopping, what are you looking at? I've been wanting a Koala Cabinet since we've been married (only 14 years now - so I guess I have another 8 or so?) Of course, now that they are made here in the USA - maybe they'll be more reasonable ? Can't wait to see the machine you get !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to take a test drive of the Jenome 11000SE. I don't know if you are into embroidery or quilting, but this machine does both beautifully - unless you get a lemon like my first one. I traded it (because it was a dream deal) and got a new one. I went to a class this weekend and discovered many more things it does. Now if it would just cut the fabric out . . .

    Anyway, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo! I am excited for you! Keep us posted on the new machine!

    Very gRoOvy!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. and...after you stroke the machines you better stroke the hubby too. HAH. What a guy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting - Christmas came early. I loaned my machine to my daughter and have not seen it since.:) That is ok tho, since I have not done any serious sewing in many years. I try to stay up to date with the lingo because of my Grands.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.