Tuesday, February 26, 2013

15 Minute Challenge

I began the week working on the Quilt Along, but soon decided I couldn't do those and finish my Little Glory. I spent way too much time Tuesday just gathering up fabric and working on the blocks. One of them had tiny pieces and I can't do it without either paper piecing or using a quarter-inch foot. And I don't know where that quarter foot is. Probably with my long ruler. The block I made Tuesday was no where close to the nine and a half inches it was supposed to be.

So I devoted my energies to working on the Little Glory so I can get that mess out of the dining room.



I've made progress on the Little Glory, finishing all the center blocks. Now I need to work on borders and then put it all together.



Why is it I always get sick on weekends? I started feeling bad Saturday and drank lots of fluids and took some over the counter medicine, thinking I could wait until Monday to go to the doctor, and hoping I'd actually kick it and not have to go at all. By Monday I did feel better, so thought I'd just keep doing what I was doing and avoid going to the doctor. But last night I started feeling horrible and regretted not going to the doctor to get checked out. I didn't think I was going to make it through the night, but finally the dawn broke and I called the doctor's office, only to be told they couldn't get me in until 4:30. So I opted for a doc in the box. Now I'm home with antibiotics and pain killers and hope it takes care of it. I don't' think I'm going to get fifteen minutes in today. In fact, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open to type this.

Check out Kate's blog Life in Pieces and see how others have used their fifteen minutes a day. Kate has some good tips for organizing our sewing spaces too. Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I hope that you soon feel better. The quilt is looking great! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I have two kits I need to get working on soon. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you were sick on the weekend .. that's rotten. Little glory is looking good. Hope you're happy with it. Nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better today. It's miserable being sick any time, but it's worse when you can't get into the doctor.

    Little glory is looking great. I like you carry the diamond into the center, makes a very cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better. Not a good thing - ever.

    Putting those small pieces together is why I don't quilt. I don't like taking all that time to do things - I need immediate gratification (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon, the quilt is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.