Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sticker Shock at JoAnn's Fabrics

This past week I had a doctor's appointment in the city and stopped in at JoAnn's too. It would be a waste of gas just to go to the doctor's office and home again, right? I had already been to our local quilt store to see if I could find some coordinating fabrics for the quilt I'm making, but I hated to spend $10 a yard on it when I am using a mix of leftover fabrics from my stash.

And what did I find at JoAnn's? Cottons at $10 a yard! These didn't have the high quality feel of the fabrics at the quilt store either. Better than Walmart, but not $5 a yard better. There were some less, but nothing under $7, so I went home empty-handed.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. what you needed was a coupon .. sometimes their prices leave much to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the prices of cotton fabric are HIGH here, too: quilt shops run up to $13 a yard, which I refuse t pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabric prices are amazingly high. Buying fabrics on sale is almost a must these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I haven't looked at fabric in quite some time since I really have plenty already. Well, everything is going up so I guess it was just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric is really expensive. I bought two pieces (with extra yardage naturally) to make granddaughter #2 and her doll matching dresses (I WILL post later this week. I think it was about $32 for the two pieces. I have gotten to where I look for fabric at resale shops now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.