Tuesday, March 12, 2013

15 Minute Challenge, One Step Forward and Two Steps Back



I don't think I made any progress this week. I sewed every two rows together and was about to sew all the sets when I noticed I had put in THREE blocks backwards. They were all near the outer edge on their row, but still, it meant a lot of ripping. Today, I'm finally back to having every two rows sewn together with all the blocks turned correctly. (I put an ARGH in there but thought about the being positive thing, so took it out. But you know I'm still thinking it. *grin*)


On my design floor is the Little Glory with a few strips of yellow inner border.  The main quilt has twelve inch blocks with two inch blue blocks around it.  I cut the yellow border at four inches but I'm not sure I like the look of it.  What do you think?  Should it be less than four inches?  If so what? Two, or three?

Hop over to Life in Pieces to see how others have done with their challenge this week.

There is (1) link in this post - to Life in Pieces.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Two days of seam ripping is not fun, but Little Glory is looking good. How large are the yellow squares in the blocks. That might be a good size for that inner border. The 4" looks fine, I don't know that you need to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the yellow and blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric choices. My eye wants a smaller yellow border. Try a 2 inch yellow, a 1 inch blue, and another 2 inch yellow border before the larger blue border.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.