Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 8 Sewing Reports of 2019

I haven't been doing a lot of stitching lately. Between sitting with my mother-in-law and working on the house, and trying to keep up with cooking and cleaning, my days are pretty full.

I've been using one of my Amazon "oops" purchases though. It was sold as a computer light, because the cord plugs into a USB port. I thought this would be a reading light that I could mount beside the bed in the trailer. But it has a clamp instead of a base and won't mount to the shelf the way I wanted. Instead, I clamped it to the cabinet beside my chair and forgot about it. But when I started working on my cross stitch project again, I found it is just perfect.



It's arm bends in any direction so I can adjust it to direct the light just where I need it. When I'm not using it for stitching or reading, I bend the arm over my chairside cabinet. It has several light settings and I can use it as a night light when we're out of the trailer or bright light. And to think, I was so disappointed with it at first that I thought of returning it. Now it's my favorite light.  In the pictures below, the trailer ceiling lights remained the same.  The only difference is the light from the reading light.




Here is the progress I've made so far on my stitching.



Now for the stitching reports. I'm afraid I fell below my 70% success stitching goal and I haven't made any progress on stash reduction. We may have workers here this week, and if so, I'll find a place to sew rather than work on the house and risk being in their way.




Linking to:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts

4 comments:

  1. Your cottage cross stitch is so pretty. I wandered in from Slow Stitch Sunday. Happy stitching ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That light is fabulous. You can use it in so many ways. Love your cottage cross stitch. It is such a pretty design and the colours of the threads you are stitching with, are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great light. Loss denotes something negative to me. I'd use reduction because fabric out is what I want. Lovely stitching project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good light is wonderful when doing handwork. You've made good progress on your cross stitch project. Hope you can get back to the sewing machine this week. One good week of stitching time will get you over 70% pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.