Monday, February 25, 2019

Commenting on Wordpress Blogs

I still have a problem commenting on Wordpress. I'm sure it's because I once posted my blogs on Wordpress, but I can't understand why NONE of my emails will work so I can comment. This is what happens when I try to comment the normal way.



I fill out the slots with correct information, and click the "Post Comment" button. It takes me to this screen.



Now this is what is odd. I used that email address when I registered at Wordpress, but when I had trouble commenting from Blogger, I removed that email and replaced it with another one not owned by Google or previously used anywhere. But I still couldn't use that original email when I tried to comment on Wordpress blogs. So I tried using a yahoo email which is my alternate email for my Blogger blog.



Click "Post Comment" and again it takes me to that screen.



This is what gets me: "You are being asked to login because marti*****@yahoo.com is used by an account you are not logged into now."

No!  It is NOT being used by an account I am not logged into.  It is being used by my Blogger blog that I AM logged into now.

Then, I created an all new email that couldn't possibly be associated with any blog, but it didn't work either.

So frustrating.  I have googled this problem and haven't got a single hit, so apparently, this is just my problem.  If you have or have had this problem and solved it, please post the solution in the comments.  Until then, I will use noreply-comment@blogger.com as that is the only thing that seems to allow me to post a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Well that's frustrating. Hope you find a solution soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.