Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Reports for Week 10 of 2019

I don't know about your weather, but ours has run the gamut this week. Freezing for a couple of days, then hot, then high winds and rain, then no wind. Well, no wind one evening. Wind is just a given here, especially this time of year.

I feel better about this week as far as sewing goes. I must have slept funny last Sunday night, and my back has been hurting all week, so I've been sitting more than usual, thus more sewing. I was finally able to get in a full week of sewing, one day was even with the sewing machine. That brought my success rate up above my goal level too. I didn't have any fabric usage though because I just made replacement cloths for my Swiffer mop. So much better than the paper mop pads!





This week I am going to attempt some Ikea kitchen cabinet building. People who have done it say it is harder than other Ikea products, so I am only going to try two. For those of you who have followed my other blog for awhile, I know your eyebrows probably raised when I said Ikea. I know. We did too. We were going to build all our cabinets, but the building has slowed to a crawl again. With Hubby's work and travel schedule, his mother's health, and my eyes, we decided that we would use a mix of Ikea cabinets and custom.

When we were building the closet shelves, I asked Hubby if he would like to have some drawers in the closet for socks, etc. He said yes, then paused, and said, "Wait, do I have to build drawers?" That's when I knew Ikea would make our life easier.

Linking up to the usual linky parties:
15 Minutes of Stitching at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

2 comments:

  1. We had snow on Thursday and then thunderstorms on Saturday. I am ready for the lamb part of March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been a bit nutty this year, it seems like winter is lasting longer than normal. I'm really glad to see the warmer temps this week. Congrats on all the stitching time, but sorry it's due to having an aching back. It makes sense to do a mix of pre-made and custom, especially if there are places the wood work just isn't as visible, like a closet. Hope you get lots done on both the stitching and the wood working.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.