Monday, February 14, 2011

Remake a Short Shirt

Have you noticed how hard it is to find a long, knit shirt? After a few washings, most of my barely long enough knit shirts are too short to wear in public. I finally decided to do something about it. There is a reason I don't make clothes, and it is because they seldom fit, even if I follow a pattern and adjust in all the right places. But I was going to toss this one anyway, so what did I have to lose?

Before (and this is where it hit the top of my jeans:
After:
And it still fits! I still need to do the hem, but I have a red velvet cake to make.

Until next time, may you have blessings and easy sewing,
Marti

3 comments:

  1. What a nifty idea. Pardon the usage of nifty but I couldn't think of a better word. I could have said clever but Grandma K beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I never, never wear short shirts but have several in my closet, I have no idea why. Off to the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.