Tuesday, April 2, 2019

One Monthly Goal April 2019

It's that time of month when quilters around the blogosphere are setting a goal for the month. I was going to skip it this month since I haven't accomplished any quilting to speak of in a month or two. I haven't even glanced at my sewing machine when I picked my way past it to dig something out of a box. But I've been craving some quilting time lately, mainly while I'm doing something tedious like filling upteen nail holes, staining trim with sixty pieces yet to go, or caulking, caulking, caulking.

Still, I thought I might set a modest goal, something small and attainable that I can do between house projects or when a contractor is here and I need to be out of the way. I don't have the clean space to lay out fabric to piece a quilt backing, but I can skip forward to pillow cases for the Depression Block Quilt.

 Meager as it is, my goal for April is to make one pillow case.  Yes, that's right.  Just one, and I'm only 50% positive I can get one done.

 The hard part is going to finding fabric. With such a busy quilt, fabric with too much pattern will clash rather than harmonize. I thought I had a fabric in my stash that would work, and it does look ok, but it's too yellow for the tan in the 5th wheel. It looks like I am going to have to break down and buy some fabric. It's either that, or put this UFO on the back burner again.



Linking to:
April Goal Setting at One Monthly Goal

2 comments:

  1. A pillowcase is a good project! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your About Me about building a barndominium on a small hay field in North Texas sounds like a dream come true to me! Are you moving into it, and if so, did you unpack your fabrics first? Lol! If you are in the midst of unpacking, my hat is off to you for finding any time to sew.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.