Sunday, April 14, 2019

Weekly Sewing Reports for Week 15 of 2019

In the past week, we have had some crazy weather. Last weekend and again this weekend, it rained. One local friend said her gauge read three inches. Monday was a beautiful day with clear blue sky, very little wind, and a comfortable temperature in the upper 70's. I wanted nothing more than to be outside, walking among the flowers, but I had a doctor's appointment right in the middle of the day. The next two days bordered on hot, with highs near 90. Then, it began cooling again, and last night was downright nippy. It reminds me of my parent's house when mom went through menopause. When dad was out, the house was freezing, but when he came home, he turned off the air conditioner and then the house warmed up and then became hot and stuffy. But when mom noticed the air conditioner was off, she turned it back on and dialed it down again. Spring is a lot like Mother Nature going through menopause, right down to the howling mood swings.

I bought a set of sheets to use for backing and pillowcases, and decided to count that as fabric for my stash, just like I would have if I had bought it as cut fabric. Not only did it break my no-buying streak, but it made my stash percentage go up. Hopefully, I can use those sheets this week and get that number back down.



I didn't have a 100% stitching week, but not bad. After moving rocks and mowing Friday evening, I was too achy and itchy to do anything except take a Benedryl and conk out. I don't know which plant it was that got to me, but I hope I'm not becoming sensitive to poison ivy. But I got a lot of stitching in last night, so the day off didn't stop my momentum.



I'm joining the usual Sunday linky parties:
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces

1 comment:

  1. The weather has been pretty nuts. I don't think we got as much rain as you did, but it was pretty chill this weekend. Congrats on getting in all the stitching time this week. Hopefully you are seeing lots of good progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.