Monday, April 5, 2021

Design Board Monday




I'm still not sure I should be trying to remake this quilt, but I have soldiered on with the blocks I could salvage. There weren't even enough full blocks to make a good sized lap quilt, so I looked through some block patterns and found a block that will compliment the Glory Box blocks. It is called Crowning Glory. Since both blocks have Glory in their name, I think it needs a new name to go along with its new look. Glory Be! I made one block Sunday with similar colors from my stash. The white fabric I used is actually a beige on white. Here is the one new block with the old blocks around it. I think these colors will work. If I make a few more and feel it needs more color, I'll have to beg a ride to the fabric store. Below is my plan for the revised quilt, crudely made in MS Paint.


I still have one block that needs some pieces ripped off, and then I get to start starching the blocks back into shape before re-adding pieces. This was my main To Do Goal for the week and I don't think I'm going to get it finished. I also need to do some long neglected housework and paint the siding on the back porch today. I fear that quilting may take a back seat today. Join me at the linky party linked below to see what other quilters are working on right now.

Linking to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

7 comments:

  1. You are so right that these two blocks compliment each other. I like the plan. Hum, do you really need to work today rather than playing in the studio? (Ok, I'll be quiet but I'd choose playing!) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are perfect together! Great solution. Good luck on bringing it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely design. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those new blocks fit in so nicely I'd think this was the plan all along if you hadn't said otherwise.

    Andrea in MO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I am going to like this much better than the original design.

      Delete
  5. The two blocks are great together. I hope you have enough fabric for your plan. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.