Monday, April 19, 2021

To Do Tuesday

After a week in the COLD Texas panhandle, I'm glad to be home. Growing up there, I don't remember ever having a freeze after April 15. That date was memorable because it was Mom's day to plant the garden. But this trip, we had several days where the temperature dipped down to 32F and Sunday morning it was 28F. We had taken the RV because Mom's house isn't really set up for overnight guests and her spare bed hurts Hubby's back. We decided it would be easier to keep all of our stuff in our RV and run back and forth. However, we decided that before the temperature dropped to 28 and froze our water supply. That night, poor Hubby had to thaw out the hose and blow it out so we could have water. Needless to say, by the end of our eight days there, we were happy to be headed south. When we got home, I had a message that Baby Bow Tie was ready to be picked up from the quilters, so now I have two quilts that only need binding to be finished. Those will be my main goals for the coming week.

I didn't take my sewing machine or any big projects because of the space issue. I thought I'd get some hand-quilting done on Dark Star, but I just couldn't see well enough. I need a lighted magnifying stand. So far, the reviews for most are unimpressive. The result is that all I did there was work on a couple of small embroidery projects. I used the same pattern I've tried before, but this time with sack cloth and really, I think the weave in it is too loose, where the quilting cotton I used before was too tight. I looked at some linen in the craft department, but decided to wait until I can buy it off the bolt. Like Goldilocks, the linen is jusssst right.

Since I missed a week, this is from the last list I made:

    Press Christmas Friends top and back and deliver to quilter on Friday
    She found the perfect pattern with poinsettias and holly leaves!
    Starch Glory Box blocks and add missing pieces to several of them
    Finish Santa redwork
    X Make four Crowning Glory blocks (I only made 3)
    X Bind Baby Bow Tie
    Make quilting design for Dark Star



New goals for April 20-26, 2021:

  • Make and put on binding for Baby Bow Tie
  • Finish Christmas bird redwork
  • Make and put on binding for Christmas Among Friends
  • Make three Crowning Glory blocks
Linking to:
To Do Tuesday at Chris Knits

2 comments:

  1. Your Star block is so crisp and perfect! Love your Santa red work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That star block is gorgeous! So precise. I bet your Mom appreciated your visit. Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.