Sunday, April 11, 2021

Design Wall Monday

My days are a little off kilter this week. I am staying with my mom for a week and have completely lost track of time. I was going to bring my sewing machine and projects with me but in the end just decided to bring some hand stitching. I forgot how dark mom's house is though so I may not get to work on any of it.

The bluebonnets in our front pasture are having a banner year but I haven't had a chance to get a photo. Yesterday, a neighbor texted that he has been admiring our bluebonnets and sent this photo in the text.


I took this photo of my design wall Friday and I'm afraid it will remain this way for awhile.


Join me at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to see what other quilters are doing this week.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, Marti -- that field of flowers is magnificent! Your blue and yellow blocks on the design wall look great, and they will be waiting for you when you circle back to them. I love that quilting projects don't backslide on us the way that housework does, you know? Like you dust and vacuum one room in the house and get distracted by something more pressing, and then when you come back to cleaning a few days later you see that dust has settled onto everything you dusted previously again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the combination of blocks you are making there. Yep, they will be right there when you get back. (Well, they might fall on the floor unless you pinned them in place!) Your field of flowers is wonderful. Could that be your inspiration for the blue and yellow quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bluebonnets field is lovely! Everyone should have one of those. You are blessed. Spending time with your Mom is important, and the blue and yellow squares will be waiting patiently for you when you return. Thanks for joining Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one that I do miss about Texas, the bluebonnets in the spring. That's a very nice field of them. Hopefully you were able to get in some hand stitching this week. And if not, hope you had a very nice visit with your mother.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.