Tuesday, April 6, 2021

To Do Tuesday

I like to write my blog posts in the evening after Hubby has gone to bed and the house settles into quiet. The tapping of my keys, the ticking of a clock across the room, and outside the coyotes are yipping as they make their nightly run across our field from one creek to the next. As I sit here writing this post, my mind is racing with them, thinking of all the things I need to do in the coming days and stopping now and then to dwell on this project or that. Eventually I'll start typing again and try to shape my thoughts into a plan for the week. These To Do Lists on Tuesdays have helped so much to plan ahead and stay on task.

Last week's list and accomplishments:

    Put on binding for Night Sky
    Put on binding for Night Sky (posted Thursday)
    Finish ripping out all the blocks of Blue and Yellow Glory Boxes Glory Be!
    X Make a redwork Christmas block
    Make a Christmas gift bag
    Make backing for Christmas Among Friends
    A last minute discovery of a fabric problem made me scrap the original backing that only needed one seam, and find three other fabrics that would work together, and I barely had enough.


New goals for April 6-12, 2021:

  • Press Christmas Friends top and back and deliver to quilter on Friday
  • Starch Glory Box blocks and add missing pieces to several of them
  • Make four Crowning Glory blocks
  • Finish Santa redwork
  • Bind Baby Bow Tie
  • Make quilting design for Dark Star
Back in January, one of my first goals was to find my irons. I have yet to find them. How does one misplace two irons?

Linking to:
To Do Tuesday at ChrisKnits

8 comments:

  1. I like to work on my blog at night when hubby has gone to bed too. How funny that you mention coyotes; I heard them the other night while I sat on the porch pecking away writing a blog post. Love reading your to list and seeing what you have accomplished. Well done. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and looked at Night Sky and it is a really pretty finish! I really like the Glory Be project you're working on, too - good luck making progress this week. I hope you find your irons - it would be tough to sew without them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of you folks have such ambitious lists for a week. I feel like such a slacker. LOL Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part of my loves to hear the coyotes and the other part just lays awake and worries about our chickens, even though I know they're safe. Fun projects--good luck with the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your perseverance with your Glory Be quilt is going to payoff! Good work! I hope all your goals are accomplished, including find your irons! I lost my good scissors once. They were missing for nearly 2 years before they showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you probably put them somewhere VERY safe. Safe from even you! LOL. Good luck with finding them and great job on your goals! Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try the alternate universe theory, somewhere in another earth, a happy quilter is using two irons!
    I am still looking for the medium sized scissors from a set !

    Stay safe and sew on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I don't know how someone misplaces 2 irons, but I've done it! I have now found them....not in any place where they belonged.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.