Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sewing Sunday Week 17

I have done very little stitching this week, so I'm going to start with a picture of bluebonnets! I noticed a few cars stopping to take pictures today and thought I'd better get out there and take some pictures myself before the flowers were trampled flat.


Tis the season to be outside and even though I can't do much, I am still great at directing. This week Hubby got a couple of loads of dirt from a friend who was dredging his creek. You can see the piles to the right of the barndominium. They were too wet to spread Thursday and then Friday we got an inch and a half of rain, so they will be there awhile. While waiting for the dirt delivery, he moved more of the raised beds from the side to the back where they will be protected from the wind. Then he drained the stock tank where my water lilies live, pulled out all the lilies and fish, and moved the tank to the back. But first, he had to move the tank that was there. It developed a leak so now needs to be repaired and moved to the back pasture. Hopefully, the deer will go to it at night instead of coming to my lily tank and feasting on water lilies. The feral hogs have also been coming up to the house at night, so it looks like a fence will be needed soon. I may not get back to sewing until July.

I only sewed three days this week which made my success percentage take a dive. I didn't use any fabric, but I didn't report fabric use last week, so I'm doing that this week before I lose those little notes pinned to my design wall.


Join me at the two linky parties below to see what other quilters have been doing this week.


3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the deer eating your plants. They got part of our garden last year, but I do enjoy seeing them out back. Sounds like you will really enjoy your spruced up yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the bluebonnets in the spring. Looks like you've got a beautiful field of them. Hopefully you can get all your plantings rearranged and be ready to enjoy a bit of spring before summer moves in. It happens fast in these parts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.