Thursday, January 26, 2023

Finished Shopping Bag

Sorry for the picture quality. I couldn't remember how to blur just one spot in an image.

This was good practice for letter applique and I found that the light color works well on the dark, but the middle pattern was really hard to see, and the thread got lost in the pattern so it was hard to define the inside of the letters. It's okay up close, and our local libary will give it to someone who can use it to carry their books. It's certainly sturdy enough for books. The cloth is thicker than most duck cloth and my sewing machine, Jan, said "O me, Oooo me, Oooooooo me." So I won't be making another bag just like this again. I'll alternate a lighter weight cloth on the sides next time.

Linking to:



5 comments:

  1. Pretty and practical and ideal for carrying books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will have lots of use as it will certainly last awhile.
    Great job & THanKs for joining in TGIFF xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great handy finish
    Maria from lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Congrats on getting a finish so early in the year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.