Sunday, January 29, 2023

Week 4 Sewing Linkups



To-Do Tuesday

I set the bar really low last week, so it was a pretty easy win.

Last Week:

1. Make applique letters for shopping bags. 
Not only did I get the letters made, but I also finished the bag. You can see it here.

I had another To-Do, but it was comic relief.

From the back burner:

3. Finish the binding on Sugar Pie. 
You can see the finished quilt here.

4. Put away Christmas decorations.

5. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

6. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

We are having a rare second round of freezing weather and for some reason, it put me in an organizing mood. I got out all my scrap baskets, which were already somewhat organized by color, and began sorting the blues/purples/greens. I had a vague idea of making some string blocks out of all one color instead of my usual all colors, so first first pulled all the real blues, then pulled the pastels, baby fabrics, and holiday fabrics out of that pile. I even had some upholstery cloth in there! I thought I'd made string blocks out everything under 2-1/2 inches, but then I ran across some strips that may have been cut for binding. By the time I pulled those out, there wasn't much left. Now I just hope I have enough to make one block!


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

This Week:.

1. Find a string block pattern or adapt a traditional block for blue scraps.

2. Make at least one blue string block.

3. Cut remaining blue scraps into half square triangle blocks.

4. Find stash of finished hexagons. 
I've been looking for these all week so there aren't a lot of place left to look.

5. Put away Christmas decorations.

6. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

7. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

.
Sunday Stash


Again this week, nothing in or out of the stash.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Added Jan 8-14                    0 yards
Added year to date               0 yards
Used Jan 22-28                 .25 yards
Used year to date            6.50 yards
Net used in 2023 6.50 yards


.
Stitching Stuff


I don't have much to report this week on either challenge, but for now, I'm maintaining my goal of 50% stitching time and reducing my stash. I took it easy Tuesday. I guess I was afraid any sudden move would bring back my headache. So that day I just printed applique letters and ironed them onto fabric. It's been so long since I've done a Wonder-Under applique that I couldn't even remember how to do it. It took me awhile to get back in the rhythm of zig-zagging around the letters, so it's a good thing I was recyling the daybed cover and didn't waste any new fabric other than a fat quarter.

I thought I would get more stitching time in this week, but this weekend is the big weekend for Hubby's ham radio club and we worked all day Friday and Saturday. I should have some time after they all leave after lunch. I got up at 6:00 this morning to make breakfast for all those who spent the night. I never get up early so I'll have to have a nap sometime today too.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Jan 22-28                  3 of 7 days
2023 Total             16 of 28 days
57% success rate


5 comments:

  1. String quilt blocks, fun! I hope you find your hexagons, what is the plan for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having fun with your string block(s). Did you find your hexies yet? thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the scraps. The SAHRR has been helping me use up some of my 1.5" strips. I still have quite a pile left, but any out is good. Have fun with your list this week. Hopefully those hexies turn up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain looking for your hexy blocks. I put things away in a such a safe place I don't find them for ages! Hope you have better luck then me. I like making string blocks just so I can use up more of the scraps I tend to keep. (It might be time to dump the skinniest of the strings!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blues! The weather made me antsy too, I rearranged part of my sewing room, then I got lazy and did not do much sewing at all, just hung around under a blanket in the TV room - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.