Sunday, January 22, 2023

Week 3 Sewing Linkups



To-Do Tuesday

Last Monday when I wrote my Tuesday To Do List, I was looking forward to a week of no doctor's appointments for anyone so I could get a lot done, but that didn't happen. I didn't get anything else done because Monday afternoon, I got a sudden and severe headache. Nothing I took eased the pain and by Tuesday afternoon, not only did I feel like I had been shot in the forehead, but shot through my eye with a flaming arrow. I finally gave up and went to the hospital ER Tuesday night. Since Tuesday, I have been to three doctors, and lived on pain killers, eye drops, and antibiotics. Meanwhile, my eye and eyelid have swollen so I suppose whatever it is triggered a thyroid eye disease recurrence. Dr. Google suggested cluster headaches or supraorbital neuralgia. I already had an appointment with my primary doctor for an annual exam tomorrow, so I'll run that by him and see if I can add more doctor appointments to my calendar.

Meanwhile, I've noticed that I have a couple of hours with little pain after each pain pill, so I am going to be optimistic and put a couple of things on my To Do list.


Last Week:

1. Finish the binding on Sugar Pie.

2. Put away Christmas decorations.

3. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

4. Reorganize my UFO boxes.

This wasn't a To-Do, but in light of the week I had, I thought I'd point out this sentence from the end of my last list. "Since Mom is still confined and I have no appointments this week, I predict another good week ahead." So that's what happened. I jinxed it!

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

This Week:

1. Make applique letters for shopping bags.

2. Sit in the dark with my eyes closed.

And these unfinished To-Do's will go on the back burner.

3. Finish the binding on Sugar Pie.

4. Put away Christmas decorations.

5. Rearrange sewing space and see if there is room for a bigger sewing table.

6. Reorganize my UFO boxes.


***Update on Tuesday morning. Or maybe I should say Eureka! I woke up without any pain this morning! I'm cautiously excited!***

After getting back from the latest doctor appointment, I've been taking it easy, half expecting the headache to hit me in the head again. And at the same time, I'm thinking of adding a few things to my To Do list, or start working on the applique. This morning, the doctor said stress brings on most migraines, if it was that, so I'm trying to be very zen about doing anything. Hubby has a group of people coming over this weekend and I haven't lifted a finger around here in a week. *start fretting* No, just let them see dust. Ah yes, breathe in, stress out.

.
Sunday Stash


There were no changes to my stash of course. On the plus side, I wasn't tempted to buy any fabric this week.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Added Jan 15-21                   0 yards
Added year to date                0 yards
Used Jan 15-21                      0 yards
Added year to date            6.25 yards
Net used in 2023 6.25 yards


.
Stitching Stuff


A week out sure puts a hole in the reports.  I dropped from 86% to 62% with only one day spent sewing.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023:
Jan 15-21                  1 of 7 days
2023 Total             13 of 21 days
62% success rate




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.