Monday, June 11, 2018

Quilting in the Works - No Scrap Too Small

Disorder is like a weed - if you don't keep it under control, it will take over. Sunday afternoon, I noticed that it had completely overtaken my cutting table in the form of scraps. So I took everything off the design board and started working on a new project to tame the scraps. If you can guess what this is going to be, you win a gold star!


One down, five to go. It's amazing how long it takes to piece strips together, especially when the strips are pieced as well. I spent at least five hours cutting and stitching and I only finished this and made a few strips for the next one. I decided to use the first yellow scrap I came to, no matter how small and I pieced those together until they made a strip a little over 24 inches long. I am going to FMQ this one, but the rest of them will be quilt as you go stitch and flip.

And the big news of the day? The HVAC guy is here right now finishing the air conditioner! I might be able to sew in a cool room this afternoon!

Yesterday was the last day of net neutrality. I know a lot of people are happy to see it go and others are upset. I am, well, neutral. I hope it doesn't change our internet service or our blogging world.

Linking to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making aat Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag

10 comments:

  1. I have the hardest time remembering to make this comment so I can receive email notifications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five blocks? My guess is a new table runner. Way !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love an afternoon spent taming scraps. You have me intrigued. Hope you link your finished project to Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ever you've got in mind, you got a good start on it. Hope you are now stitching in air conditioned comfort. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the change to the Internet rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many possibilities-I like your colors-my weeds never match so well. I am interested that your made your own first comment so you can receive replies. I clicked the notify me box after the first missing comment but most everyone still came out as a no reply blocker. Also thank you for the comment you left on my blog. AARRGGH I hope they work this out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're still "no reply" but at least I know there's a comment. I hope they work it out soon too. I see that other blog hosts have already figured it out, at least I suppose so. I've been getting email replies from some so I know they got my email addy with my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marti, I hope I am commenting on the correct blog! I saw the quilt and decided it must be the appropriate blog. Love the scrappy strip quilt. (I used to be a quilter in another hobby...erm, make that collector of fabrics!) The scraps are like the paper snippets that collect...they multipy and take over everything. This is a beautiful looking project with the warm shades of color. Just became your newest follower. Thanks for visiting me, and I hope you'll come back again, and perhaps become my new follower. Right now it's very aggravating with blogger not letting me know I've got comments! Have a great weekend. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.