Sunday, June 10, 2018

Sewing Room Sunday June 10

I should have done this post yesterday but we were on the go all day. We took lunch to mother-in-law for her 91st birthday and then brother-in-law and his family came down. Last night, we spiffed up and went to The Majestic Theater in Dallas to see Guys and Dolls. It was really good and we really enjoyed it except the seating killed our backs. We were a little late getting there so I didn't get any pictures of us or the theater. Hubby took a picture of the last cast call but I haven't seen it yet. We got home after midnight and needless to say, I didn't get up early, not that I ever do.

So on with the reports! I had a pretty good week in the attic, considering the heat and the a/c working going on up there. I am reporting seven days sewing, but it was the bare minimum fifteen minutes most of the time. I am happy to report that the a/c is now installed; the next step is getting a professional to make the last connection. I can't wait!

For the 15 Minute Challenge, I stitched 7 out of 7 days this week.  
Yearly, my numbers are 107 out of 160 days.
So my success rate is 67%.

I have started a new project that I can't share yet. It is a Christmas gift and in the off chance the recipient still looks at my blog, I don't want to ruin the surprise. But, because of it, I had to buy some fabric, and I have to buy more in the next week or two. It looks like I used a half yard, but that's misleading. I needed a two big pieces out of two fat quarters, and the remains of each quarter were put into the scrap bucket.

That brings me to my stash report.
Fabric in this week is 2.5 yards
Fabric out was only 1 yard.
1.5 yards was added to my stash,
Bringing total stash up to 378.50 yards.

The above report shows all the fabric that has been added to my stash cabinet this year, including fabric that I've unpacked or been given, less all the amount I've used or given away. The actual amount bought this year is 30.25 yards and the actual amount used is 35.75. Next year, I need to come up with a better way to keep up with my numbers.

Have a good afternoon sewing. I'm linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making time to stitch this week. Sewing without air conditioning has to be uncomfortable as hot as it's been lately. Fingers crossed that you have it all installed sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.