Monday, March 9, 2015

Design Wall Monday

I had to look back at last week's design wall to see what has changed, it's been that slow.  I've worked on butterflies and have only five more to finish before appliqueing to blocks.  I'm joining finished rows with the Double Irish Chain, and still making blocks with the Sweet Sixteen.  I also added some QAYG star blocks for a baby quilt.  It's partially paper pieced, so that has been good practice for me too.  The Around the World hasn't been touched even though I had good intentions of getting out the tables to baste it yesterday.  That is my project for today since I have my sewing machine pushed against the wall already.










I'm linking to Design Wall Monday #48 at Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

  1. That's how I usually get things done. A bit at a time. When the quilt top is done, it sits until I feel like quilting it. I think there must be 15 tops in the closet now.
    You are creating some beautiful tops right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably have that many too. Quilting is not my favorite part, plus I never really had the area to do it right. My new sewing table is going to work though I think because it's the same height as my folding tables so I can spread out the quilt and not have to wrangle it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow and steady is still progress, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. I know the time is fast approaching when I will be spending all my free time gardening so I'm trying to make the most of my quilting time now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got lots of fun stuff up on the design wall. I like the QAYG stars, so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I like those stars too. I've watched videos on QAYG but they've never showed how they do the sashing between rows. So this should get interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.