Monday, March 30, 2015

Design Wall Week 13

I wasn't going to post today because I didn't think anything had changed this week. But then I remembered that I ripped out the applique stitches on the one butterfly block I did, and did it over. This time I put the block on point and appliqued using variegated thread. I changed the butterfly body style from the plain rectangle in the pattern to more of a popsicle stick shape. I'm not happy with the size of the feelers though and will make them bigger.



Linking to Design Wall Monday #66 at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. What a unique butterfly block. Is it your original pattern? I like it a lot. I do think the feelers would look more natural a little larger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterfly is looking good!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.