Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sewing Space Sunday

I'm happy to report that the spiders have not completely taken over my sewing space. I managed to find a few days to sew this week, and I added a column to my sewing report. I wish I could take credit for this addition, but I must admit, I saw it on someone else's blog. I know it is not the intent of Kate who started this challenge to see how much actual time was spent sewing. I think her goal is to just get at least 15 minutes of sewing time in every day, and truly, it does help me to do that. Once I'm sewing, it's easier to come back to it the next day. Like anything, the longer away from something, the harder to take it up again. But since I can't sew everyday at this time of year, I had been feeling that my report made it look like I wasn't really sewing at all. So I added in an hours column, for myself, to see how much time I actually spent sewing.


I used some fabric, but not for sewing. I needed some shade over windows and made some simple no-sew curtains, and a no-sew cushion cover too. That helped my stash report too.


Meanwhile, life on the farm continues. We still a lot of weeds in the hay, but we'll be doing a first cutting in the next week or two. Then the serious mowing begins again.

Linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It wouldn't have been that much if not for the curtains. I just hope I don't have to add it back in one day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marti: I have never thought of doing a chart to see how much I sew stitch or bead.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the stash busting and on finding time to stitch. What people decide to monitor is really a personal choice based on what you want to learn from it or the behavior you want to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're making time to do what you love. Good for you.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to find the time this time of year, but I want to get these UFOs out of the way.

      Delete
  5. Oh, yes, I like the hours total! Great idea, thanks for sharing it. That was a nice bit of fabric out, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.