Saturday, November 24, 2018

Stars Progress

If you recall, I got a wild hair last week to do something with the EPP stars I've been making for a year or more. As if I don't have enough projects going on, right? I should be finishing a UFO. But this will be a fast project, and I'm telling myself it will be an easy Christmas gift too. This week I finished appliqueing the stars onto blocks and this morning, I joined the blocks and rows to finish the quilt center. It's a gray day today, so even with a flash, these pictures are too dark. Sorry about that.



The center looks a little sparse at the moment. I made some smaller star segments to use on the border but wondered what it would look like to have small stars mixed with the larger ones. I think it's too busy, but then I like simple. I'm also not sure I have anymore paisley-ish scraps to make any more. What do you think?



Linking to:
ScrapHappy Saturday at soscrappy
DrEAMi! (Stands for Drop Everything And Make It) at Musings of a Menopausal Melon

8 comments:

  1. With the smaller stars, the empty space is filled nicely. Without the small stars, there is room for additional quilting details. The choice is totally up to you and/or what your quilt wants. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Those were my thoughts too. I might try a smaller star or another design between the large stars and see if I like it better too.

      Delete
  2. I like the smaller stars, but you do additional quilting too. It will look great either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, but the smaller stars still seem too big. I think I'm going to hold off until I get the borders on and then see what it looks like.

      Delete
  3. Your stars look great on the grey background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the mini stars. They add a nice break between the bigger stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really torn, mainly because I dread making more mini stars. lol

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.