Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sunday Stash and 15 Minute Stitching

This was a good week. I have gotten into a steady pattern of stitching and am especially enjoying unwinding in the evening with some handwork in front of the tv. As a result, I've sewn every day this week. I haven't kept up with my stitching reports after not stitching anything for such a long time, so I won't try to update it for the rest of this year. I know my percentage is so low that it would be discouraging.

I'll just say that this week is 7 out of 7 days, or 100%. Yay! The bad news is that I didn't start stitching at the beginning of the month, so my monthly average is only 76%.

I've completed a few more stars and bought some fabric that I think will work as a background block for all of them. I was going to use a light green with tiny boxes, but then took Kate's suggestion (Life in Pieces) and looked at some grays and really liked one of them. I also bought a couple of fat quarters for a little color variety. So yes, I added to the stash this week, but I've already used all of it, so it's all good.

Fabric in this week: 1.5 yards
Fabric out this week 1.5 yards
I'll see about bringing my stash report up to date in the next week or two.

Linking to: (as soon as I get online Sunday)
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding time to stitch every day this week. Sometimes you just have to ignore what came before or you get demotivated. I quit looking at the fabric in numbers because it got so depressing, but it has been helping me "just say no" to any fabric sales. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may stop looking at the percentage of stitching days. Just one day off makes such a big difference. But for some reason, the stash numbers motivate me to do better. I guess I associate the % with pass/fail and the others are just numbers. lol It's also making me realize that as much as I have in my stash, it's still not enough to complete a quilt that needs specific colors or patterns.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like that! In it comes, out it goes! Perfect, and stitchy time, too! I could never get 100%, but I'm going to try for 86% next year - that will be 100% of possible stitch days for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My overall percentage is around 37%. Not sewing a stitch for 4+ months is hard on the numbers. I'm going to try for 70% next year. That's passing, right? lol

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.