Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday Challenges

It was challenging to get any sewing time in this week. My mother-in-law was taken to the hospital Tuesday, and this time it was real. She's been the boy who cried wolf so many times that it has become hard to tell when something is really wrong. I'm glad she was at the nursing home so they could make the call. We're still trying to empty her apartment too and Hubby and I stayed late a few days this week packing and hauling her stuff to our attic so it will be here when she decides she wants it in her room at the home.

Meanwhile, there was a little Thanksgiving prep, a little cleaning, and a little sewing. We had plans for a working weekend here at the house - move part of a wall and finish insulating. But mother-in-law was released from the hospital Friday and Hubby had to wait a long time for the paperwork, then take her to lunch, run by her apartment, and then to the nursing home before he came home. Needless to say, we didn't get any work done on our house, but I got a lot of sewing done while he was gone.

Below is what I worked on this week, and if I cared about percentages, I spent 86% of the week sewing, and I'm at 79% for the month.

To my stash, I added more than I used this week. I bought some batiks to make some adult bib scarfs for mother-in-law. I haven't drafted a plan yet so I hope they turn out to be useful.

Added to stash 1.50 yards
Used                   .25 yards
Gain to stash    1.25 yards

Linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to add, but eventually you will use it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that were true. I need to develop some backbone and just use what is in my stash rather than go out to buy a better matching fabric.

      Delete
  2. Batiks are always useful somewhere. =) You had a lot of upset over the holiday, so that you got anything done was great. I'm glad things are moving along on cleaning out MIL's apartment, because that will be a big thing off your shoulders when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I should be there every day packing up at least what will fit in my car, but I usually wait until Hubby is around to help decide what to keep and what to toss. She had a cabinet full of used envelopes!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog on 15 Min of Stitching.
    You managed to do a lot this week.
    Dont get tired>
    Kathleen Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Hubby was the one who was really busy. I will be glad when we get her apartment emptied though.

      Delete
  4. Glad you MIL is on the mend and back to normal for her. At least you were able to get in some good sewing time. Good luck with the house stuff and sorting through your MILs things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.