Monday, November 12, 2018

Still Making Stars

English paper piecing used to be relaxing, but this week it has been taxing. I don't know if it is my eyes, poor lighting, or my fabric color choices, but it has been a struggle to sew the black stars with black thread this week even with my magnifying glass. I have to finish one more black star and then I'm not starting any more of them.



As I've been making these, I have been trying to decide whether I want to join them in the traditional manner, or try something different that I can do with the sewing machine. I'm leaning toward the sewing machine after this week.

I'm linking to:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Show and Tell Monday at Quilting with Bambi
Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts
Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

7 comments:

  1. Very cool stars! You could applique those to some plain blocks and end up with a very nice quilt, table runner, wall hanging. Looking forward to seeing where you ended up with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan. I want to use something different for the background blocks, something darker than cream and with a light pattern. It's totally out of my comfort zone to use anything except a plain fabric, usually white or cream. But the blocks are busy and seem even more so against white. I thought appliqued to a light patterned block might tone them down. What do you think?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stars. Only one more to go and we'll see what you end up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one more black one. I've got a few more blocks going in other colors too.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your inspiration and link to Show and Tell Monday / Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black on black is difficult for me to see too. I hope you soon find EPP relaxing again! I've been making a busload of hexies, but haven't started sewing them together yet. I need to just jump in and do it. Thanks for sharing your post on MCM. It's just the inspiration I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I started on another color and it is much better than the black. Whew! If they were all the black, I think I'd have to give up.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.