Monday, November 26, 2018

Design Wall Choices

Borders are always the hard part for me. I think I auditioned all the fabric in my stash this weekend and what I finally decided I liked was the red and a darker outer border. At first I was going to use the solid gray you can see in one photo below. But when I put the half stars on it, I didn't like the look at all. With the darker borders, my eye was immediately drawn to the center design. With smaller stars in the border, it all seemed cluttered and disjointed. Without the smaller stars in the border, I'm definitely going to use more stars in the center design, and now I am looking at those options.

More of the large stars,



Or the smaller stars.



It's funny how taking a couple of pictures and being able to look at them together helps me see things I didn't see before. After looking at these pictures, it's plain to me which one I should use. Do you see it too?

And of course, now I need to buy a different fabric for the outer border.

Linking to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at LoveLaughQuilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a hard choice, I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I like them both but the smaller stars seem more interesting. And if i make all four in solid colors i think it will help too. Now for the border.

      Delete
  2. They are both nice. the top one is pretty the bottom one is less cluttered.
    Kathleen Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am going with the bottom one. I think the solid colors and the extra spacing look better.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.