Monday, December 28, 2020

Last Goal of 2020 Finished

On the design wall today is.... the design wall.


Goals 7 and 10 for 2020 were to finish the drywall behind my design wall and to cover insulated foam panels and attach them to the wall. Instead of covering a 4x8 piece of insulation, I decided to use the smaller 12x48-ish pieces. I can move them around depending on the size of the quilt I am making, or take some off depending on the size of the wall hanging over it.

Since my sewing space is multi-functional, I have a curtain rod hanging over it with clip hooks so I can hang a quilt to cover everything.



This is a Bow Tie quilt made by my great grandmother. Looking at it, I don't think she had a design wall to lay it out on before sewing the blocks together. But I still love it.

Linking to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

2 comments:

  1. And on your design wall is.....A New Design Wall!! I love it. And the curtain rod over it is great for pictures of quilts too. I may add that feature in my house somewhere. Usually I have to talk hubby into holding a quilt up for me for a picture. Thanks for joining in on Design Wall Monday, we learn so much from each other. I appreciate you. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one cool design wall and your curtain set up will make getting pictures of finished projects a lot easier. The bowtie quilt is fun. It's nice to have things made by previous generations of quilters. I have so much respect for them as I struggle with templates and other "older" sewing techniques. That they finished anything is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.