Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Wrap Up



This year, my goals through the year were:

1. Finish these quilts:
DONE   a. Snowball Blossom, started January 2018
Fail           b. Find backing for Baby Bow Tie, started June 2011
Worked on  c. Second Saturday Sampler, started January 2005
DONE   d. Celebrate Freedom, started February 2020
DONE   e. Barnyard quilt, started February 2020
Worked on  f. Finish Scottish Sun began 2004
Worked on  g. Start/Continue Lovers Knot as RSC BOM
Worked on  h. Finish Pond lily as RSC BOM
Fail           i. Start Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam as BOM
DONE   j. Make at least two donation quilts.

2.  Finish these sewing projects:
DONE   a. Upcycle sweater
Fail           b. Make receiving blanket
DONE   c. Make 25 face masks

3. Accomplish these in the sewing room:
Fail             a. Find time for daily sewing at least 70% of the time
Fail             b. Decrease stash by 15%
Fail             c. Organize sewing space
Fail             d. Join a daytime quilt guild (I'll blame Covid for this fail.)
Fail           e. Learn to paint fabric
DONE   f. Cover foam panels and make new design wall
DONE   g. Finish wall behind design wall

8 out of 20 projects completed gives me a 40% success rate. If I look on it as 12 out of 20 projects completed or moved forward, I have a 60% success rate. In a year where four months of the year were impossible, I'll take it.

This year I will continue to work on some of those projects, but there is at least one that I disliked doing so much that I may toss the whole thing, or stop where I am and make a mini out of it. Life is too short to work on projects I don't enjoy.

I haven't given much thought to non-quilting projects for 2021, but I would like to sew some clothing, and I would like to have carpet in my sewing area.  Currently, Hubby is working on his side of the room, so all the excess is still on my side.  But that is the carrot I would like to dangle in front of myself.

What are your plans for the coming year?


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all the "dones" for last year. It was a challenging year for you on several fronts, so getting anything finished definitely counts as a success. Good luck with all your plans for 2021.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.