Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sewing Report for Week 52 of 2020

It's hard to believe 2020 will finally come to an end. And good riddance!

I didn't have a productive sewing week, but it was a good week. We drove to Amarillo on Christmas Eve and the usual Christmas traffic was almost non-existant. We got there in time for me to spend the visitation hour with Mom and she was doing well. She had really hoped if she worked hard, she would get out in time for Christmas, but the staff there disagreed. She has at least another week of therapy before they will determine IF she gets to go home.  We drove home after the noon visitation hour and again the traffic was light, until we got near Fort Worth.  I think we came through Fort Worth, I was dozing a bit.

I want to thank everyone for their concern and prayer for Mom. The therapy has helped her right side immensely. Her overall strength is improving too, but I'm concerned she won't continue with the exercises once she is home. Right now, she won't even consider going to an assisted living facility; so if they determine that she go home and live alone, she will put up a fight. The local hospital, who examined Mom immediately and did an MRI, said mom had a stroke. The Amarillo hospital, who examined her hours later, said they couldn't tell if she had one. But if she did, it was a TIA (mini stroke) and the clot was either small or disintegrated by the time they tested. Studies show that a third of the people who have a TIA have a severe stroke within a year. For that reason, I'd like Mom to be in an assisted living center where they can get her to the emergency room quickly. So the fight is on.

This week in stitching, I only stitched a few days before going to Amarillo. I hope to get back on track today, not that it will help my success rate any at this late date.


Linking to:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your mother is doing better and that you got to see her a bit before the holiday. Hope you are able to get in some good stitching time before the end of the year. Some times life has other plans that don't let us do the things we had wanted to do. All you can do is just pick up where you left off once life backs off a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.