Saturday, December 26, 2020

PhD in 2021 aka Projects Half Done

Gail at Quilting Gail has a yearly challenge for all of us who have too many UFO's, aka Un-Finished Ojects. I've already told you I have over thirty so I need to get busy, and pronto!

Here is my list of quilts I want to complete this year:
I'm not sure what order I will work on them, certainly not alphabetical. I'll probably start with those that are nearest a finish and build momentum like a debt snowball. My quilts and what needs to be done. Yes, they are all wrinkled. I still haven't found my iron.

1. Night Sky. It just needs to be quilted. I could send it out, but I don't really like this quilt so I think it would be a good practice quilt for touch quilting.



2. Gairden Path. It also just needs to be quilted. However, the backing isn't large enough for a long arm frame, so I need to add something to each side to make that work.
3. Dark Star. This one also needs to be quilted. Since it was hand pieced, I am going to hand quilt it too.
4. Depression Blocks. This needs borders backing, and binding. Then I will send it out.


5. Jacob's Ladder. This needs backing and binding. I will send this one out first. It looks like a good one to try out a new quilter.


6. Baby Bow Tie. This needs backing and binding.


7. Christmas Among Friends.


8. Saturday Sampler. This needs border, backing, and binding.


9. Scottish Sun. This needs blocks put together, borders, backing, and binding.



10. Scrappy Pinwheels. This needs more blocks, blocks put together, borders, backing, and binding.


11. Summer Crossroads. This needs more blocks made, rows joined, borders, backing, and binding.



12. Sweet Sixteen. This needs more blocks, blocks put together, borders, backing, and binding.


Linking to:
PhD in 2021 at Quilting Gail.

3 comments:

  1. You've got some great quilts on your to be finished list. Your strategy to work on the most complete and work up to the ones that are less done is the same as I used this year. It helps to start with the ones that are almost done. Good luck with your PHD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marti!
    Thanks for joining in the PHD in 2021 challenge! You have a lot of beautiful quilts that will be lovely when they are finished!
    All the best with your PHd in 2021!
    Quilting Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Awesome quilts to work on over the year.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.