Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Saturday Before Christmas

I've been trying to get back in the stitching groove with this cross stitch project I've been working on for years. I thought it would work with my current vision but the aida cloth is 14 count and that is really too small for me. I've been using a hand held magnifying glass but I really need one on a stand. The light gold and white on the white aida is killing me.  If you have any suggestions, I'd love to know which one to buy.

This is a picture from the last time I showed my progress on it. I did work on it in the meantime and had finished the gate and the lower half of the border.


This is what the finished piece will look like, so I've got a lot to do yet.  The last time I worked on it, I didn't take off the hoop because I thought I would be working on it again right away.  That was at least a year ago and the hoop wrinkle is pretty noticeable.  I hope it comes out after I wash it.




A few days ago, our Christmas plans were to stay home alone and eat whatever we felt like cooking, and spending some quality time in our hobby room.  That will probably change now because my mom fell and may have had a stroke.  She is in the hospital now and no one is allowed in.  We are waiting for news that she has been released and then Hubby will take me to her house so I can help her.  He has to work a couple of days next week, so we don't know if we will be able to spend Christmas together or if we will be apart for the first time in 45 years.  This is such an odd time we are living in right now.




I'm joining Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. No suggestions on a magnifier loop, but the stitching looks great. Sorry to hear about your mother. Hopefully she's home and doing better. This year is definitely going to be different for a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's fall. It sure is a very different year all around. Your stitchery is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely cross stitch you are working on. I have a magnifier I can hang round my neck, I use it rarely and one on a stand with an excellent light. I still take my glasses off to stitch if I'm finding it hard to see though! Hope your mum is ok and she makes a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cross stitching project. Hope your mom recovers quickly, and you can have some semblance of celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awful news about your mom. I hope she will be okay and recovers well. These times in which we find ourselves in are quite simply impossible. May I say, I think your sweet little cottage surrounded by all the pretty cottage flowers is exquisite. You have progressed such a long way. Your beautiful cross stitch just makes me smile with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your mom, that's tough.

    As far as lighted magnifiers. I have a Craftlite Dublin, which is an older model. I got mine at the Silver Needle in Tulsa, OK.

    Your stitching is lovely, what a beautiful cottage scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty cross stitch. A great piece to work on and think of warm weather. I wish your mother a speedy recovery . Merry Christmas and Happy Stitching, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read about your Mother being I'll, hard to cope with at any time but even more so during the Christmas season and a raging pandemic. Sending you cyber hugs and healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.